Thursday, June 14, 2007

Wow. We're off to a great start!


Yesterday was unbelievable!
We sent invitations to students eligible to join the Metropolitan Youth Orchestra based on past accomplishments.
We also announced our program to private teachers and the music community at large.
As a result, I spent the day delightedly responding to emails. Except for when my Internet went down--which was often. (Charter has been giving me fits since last Thursday.)
Four members have already paid online and three have said they've mailed checks. And we've even had a donation. How exciting!
Several teachers have asked to be listed on our teacher page.
And many other people have sent messages of support and encouragement.
Thank you to everyone!

When Nick and I decided to go ahead with this venture, we debated what kind of a response we might get. We hoped for enough to have viable ensembles for the 2007-08 season. These initial members and their enthusiasm indicates that we very well may be on track to success!

I've just emailed invitations to those eligible to join 'Cosmic'. I hope these students are also excited about what we're offering. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: