Friday, July 27, 2007

I am 'unable to not talk to' myself


I just got my used copy of 'Whistleblowers: Broken Lives and Organizational Power' by C. Fred Alford and cannot put it down. This made me cry:
Still, Harris continues to tell his story. He seems convinced that if he can just find the right words to tell it, someone with the power to set things right will listen. It is a common delusion among whistleblowers.

Despite heroic efforts by more than a few, it's very likely little will change. Even though this is clear to me, I still can't make the delusion go away. I want to shout from Red Mountain so that someone will do something.

It is going to take a long time for me to accept that justice likely never will be done, not just in my case but in most cases. The author says:
The greatest shock is what the whistleblower learns about the world as a result--that nothing he or she believed was true. That people can be so deeply shaken by knowledge is not something I had expected to find.

No comments: