Monday, September 10, 2007

Life is a Remix Contest

Once again, Thom Singer of Some Assembly Required has said exactly what I needed to hear at this moment:
"...Too often we get caught up in doing everything the same way as our friends or the competition and working to not draw any attention to ourselves...you should realize that hiding in sameness will not produce your desired results.

I struggle with this, but I know first hand that when I try new things is when success follows. The efforts to stretch my own limits brings the attention (good and bad) which leads to opportunity. When I find myself staying with the pack, nothing ever happens...

...A conformist mentality is a comfortable place to reside. To be more creative we must look for opportunities to push ourselves toward new challenges..."

No comments: